Homewood Studios maintains four 350-square-foot artist’s work space studios. Two have wood floors, two linoleum. Each studio includes:
- 11-foot ceilings
- overhead flat storage space
- sink with cold water (hot water available in kitchenette & bathrooms as well as basement open studio space)
- ventilation fan
- private locking door
- twenty-four hour access
- security system
- year round air conditioning
Artists who rent studio space also receive:
- a free point-of-contact page on Homewood Studios’ web site on which they may display a photo of themselves, a statement about their work, a few (5-7) images of their work, contact information, and links to more extensive information about their work that may be found on personal websites, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- two-for-one rental on gallery space, i.e. get two weeks for the price of one, for shows
- free use of the basement open studio space for working big or for teaching classes
- free use of basement conference room for meetings or classes
- a 10’ x 12’ basement storage area
1 year lease agreement requested
All studio space is currently occupied.
GALLERY RENTAL INFORMATION
Our Gallery is designed to accommodate both art exhibitions and community meetings. Facilities are somewhat flexible and can comfortably accommodate groups of twenty-five to thirty persons. Limited kitchen facilities (sink, microwave, 30 cup coffee pot) are available.
- 35-foot x 16-foot space
- kitchenette (microwave, sink)
- seats 25 to 30 comfortably, can seat up to 50 (but we have only 32 chairs)
- up to four lunchroom size tables or four cafe style tables available
|Rental Rates for Community Meetings|
|One event up to four hours||$ 50|
|Whole day event||$ 75|
|Two day event||$ 100|
- west wall (between two doors) 54 inches (width) x 7 feet (height)
- north wall (west) 14 feet (width) by 11 feet (height)
- north wall (east) 15 feet (width) by 11 feet (height)
- hallway (west) 30 feet, 6 inches (width) x 8 feet (height)
- hallway (east) 29 feet (width) x 8 feet (height)
Six pedestals and four small cafe style tables are available for three-dimensional work
Regular gallery hours are covered by Homewood Studios staff. Additional hours, at the artist’s option, are the responsibility of the exhibiting artist.
Gallery use for a show does not constitute exclusive use of Gallery space. Community meetings, public readings, etc. may be scheduled during show dates. Renting artists will always be consulted about events scheduled during exhibit hours.
Consistent with our mission, Homewood Studios Gallery does not charge commission for artwork sold during gallery shows. Our only fee is the rental use fee.
Short term use agreement required, signed at lest three days in advance of event.
For availablity, please see our Gallery Schedule Calendar.
|Rental Rates for Gallery Shows|
Note: “week” includes two weekends
A conference room is available for your meeting or small-group discussion. Rental rates are $50 per half day, $75 per day, or $100 per two-day session.
A large, open studio space, equipped with tables, chairs, work counters, and sink, is available for artists who wish to conduct classes. The open studio will comfortably accommodate twelve students, with adequate working space for each. Rental rates are keyed to tuition costs for classes.
For information about studio or gallery rental, conference room or open studio use, please email George Roberts or call 612 587-0230.